Monday, April 14, 2014

Lambs to the Slaughter

Some people call me ornery. Some call me cantankerous. I don't really care.

Don't mess with me, and I will extend the same courtesy to you.

I just want to be left alone, and if my local reputation gives me that privilege, I am OK with that.

I really get angry & upset with people who think that it's OK to surrender their right for self-protection and preservation to a power they assume to be greater than themselves.

I do not mean to impugn those in the law enforcement community. I truly believe that most are honorable men & women, and that they will do their best to help us. But they can not be everywhere simultaneously.  And, yes,  in some cases, they are malevolent.

The Supreme Court of the United States has determined that the police have no legal obligation to protect you, or myself, or my children. If you are a female, you may be freely raped while the police consider their options (or eat their donuts.)

It has been repeatedly affirmed.


Castle Rock v. Gonzales

Warren v. District of Columbia

Barillari v. City of Milwaukee

Riss v. New York

etc.... etc...

More cases than I care to recount.

I get angry because of the power people extend to the state, and henceforth leave themselves at risk.  That is simply WRONG.

The power flows upward from the people, not downward from the government.

Yet, like lambs to the slaughter, led by a Judas goat who coaxes them to pacifism, they remain comfortable with the situation. I really don't want to die in a hail of bullets, I just want to be left alone.

But I grow anxious.

From whence cometh the power?  Are you a lamb or goat?

Or will you stand for what is right?

It is, after all, your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment