Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Appropriate?

I'm not a prude, but...

Yahoo's CEO, Marissa Mayer, appearing in Vogue

I have to ask... is this appropriate for the CEO of a company?

Now, we're not talking candid shots on the boat or beach of her, (or a male CEO) in a swimsuit, on vacation, etc.

She is deliberately posing, and given the concerns of sexual harassment in the workplace, it just doesn't seem to me that she should be sending this message to people that work for her. (I'm not 100% sure what the message is, it just doesn't seem she should be sending it!

I'm all for a woman looking her best, feeling as sexy as she wants to be, etc, but I think she is sending a mixed message. And I would say the same thing if she were a male CEO doing a "beefcake" pose.

Maybe I'm being oversensitive to the issue?  She's obviously an intelligent lady and I hope gave this a lot of thought.

Secondly, I don't care for a lot of the changes that have been made recently. I think she's got better things to do with her time.  The company may or may not be circling the drain, but I do think I hear a sucking sound...

I read on CNN's site that her original goal was to be a pediatric neurosurgeon.  Can you imagine if she fucked with children's brains the way she's fucked with Yahoo?

No comments:

Post a Comment