Friday, August 16, 2013

'Tis the Season... for Stink Flies

It's mid-August in Eastern Washington, the local area has dried out and mosquitoes are not nearly as problematic as they are in late Spring or early Summer.

Seems that at most any time, other than "butt-fuck cold time" (aka "Winter") we have some type of nuisance pest around here.

I'll single out the green lacewing.  Chrysopidae according to my Google search.



Fascinating, beautiful creatures.

I hate the little fuckers.

They are actually beneficial insects. But I can't stand them. They are predatory and don't discriminate.  I can be outside, often with a drink in one hand, watering my lawn, flowers, or garden when it's not "butt-fuck hot" outside.  (aka "evening")

Suddenly, one of those little bastards will land on my neck and decide to start chewing.  Then I drop the hose or spill my drink to swat.

In addition to the indignity of being feasted upon by a lower order invertebrate, I suddenly am treated to the wafting odor of a bowel movement which is not my own. It stains and permeates the skin of both my neck and of my hand.

Gawd... I hate those little green stink flies...

No comments:

Post a Comment