Sunday, March 9, 2014

Rant Alert

Tonight I set my clocks forward. I was tired, thought I might actually get a little extra sleep.

There aren't actually too many channels I like to watch, but I put it on DirecTV #284, the Science Channel.

I was suddenly pissed, pacing the floor, and ranting and raving. (Just ask my wife)

I can't believe we are paying for this shit.

Seriously?  "NASA's Unexplained Files?"

I hit the info button to see WTF I was watching, and the description was (paraphrasing) "Life on Mars & Mysterious Moon Pigeons." I am not making this shit up.

I think they even had astronaut Story Musgrave on, but by then they had lost me. (I don't know what he might have seen, but I *AM*  disinclined to listen to conspiracy theories and such...)

So... Major networks jumped the shark LONG ago.

MTV 1 & 2, VH1 might as well not exist.

TLC has apparently become the Honey Boo-Boo network. (The primary thing I have learned from The Learning Channel is to not watch it anymore.)

History Channel is purveyor of Monster Quest, Pawn Stars, American Pickers & Ice Road Truckers.

Animal Planet is home of the American Mermaids Are Us program (or some shit like that.)  If I remember correctly, I think they tried to pass that off as a documentary.

This crap makes me angry.  Now, for a while, I was cable & satellite-less. That actually worked quite well when I was living in the single-guy mode.  Although insomnia nights sucked.  Even though I got 12 or 15 channels... late night infomercials blew chunks.  And I could only live through a few seasons of She-Ra, Princess of Power. Not to mention Brave-Starr & Tex Hex.

Why have we allowed this crap to become what we accept?

Unfortunately, in January I just extended our contract by 2 years in exchange for going High-Def and getting a DVR.  So apparently I get to see the same crappy programming, only in higher resolution.

Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment